You know those people who can't walk and chew gum at the same time? Well, I'm not one of them.
But, it seems I am the kind of person who can't boil water and run the microwave at the same time. That's what I did a couple of hours ago, and I think I shorted out an outlet! I had the microwave and the electric kettle plugged into the same outlet. All went well for about two minutes. Then, ZAP! Both appliances stopped working.
I have since tested the appliances in other outlets, and they began working again. Nothing else in the kitchen stopped working, so I know I didn't trip a curcuit breaker. The issue seems to be limited to the outlet. It's the kind that has the black/red buttons for test/reset, but they don't seem to be working.
I'll check it our some more in the morning. Then, I get to go to work.
Happy Fourth of July!